ReStore Donation Guidelines
The ReStore accepts new and gently used building materials of all types from builders and businesses as well as from individuals. However, as a re-sale store, acceptance guidelines are strict. All donations to the Corpus Christi Habitat Restore are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law. Please email or call our store to make a donation or with specific questions, (361)-885-7944.
Want to schedule a pickup? Click here!
Items We Can Accept
Habitat for Humanity Restore happily accepts the following new and gently used items:
- Appliances: must be in working condition with no rust such as: refrigerators, freezers, stoves/ovens, washers/dryers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, furnaces, microwaves, trash compactors, water heaters, etc.
- Building materials:
- Cabinets and counter tops
- Lighting and electrical items
- Plumbing fixtures (sinks, faucets, toilets, PV, etc.)
- Siding, gutters, and roofing materials
- Windows and doors, etc.
- Hand tools, small power tools
- Lawn care equipment and supplies
- Electronics and electronic accessories: stereos, radios, VCRs, DVD players, etc.
- Computer accessories and printers: keyboards, mouse, speakers, (flat screen monitors only)
- Cabinets (dressers, bookshelves, entertainment centers, etc.)
- Tables (end tables, kitchen sets, etc.)
- Sofas (no sofa beds)
- Bed frames, (except waterbed frames)
- Area rugs, etc.
- Patio and lawn furniture
- Lamps and other furniture accessories
- TVs: Flat-panel monitor HDTVs only (with the exception of rear-projection HDTVs)
- Books, records, compact disks, and DVDs
- Collectibles, antiques
- Games, toys and sports equipment
- Housewares: dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, lamps and small appliances
Items We Cannot Accept
It’s hard to say “no thank you” to a donation when those donations help to fund Habitat homes. However, we do need to refuse some items for being non-recyclable, involve a cost for disposal, or containing hazardous materials. Other times, the item must be refused because it costs more to transport, repair or refurbish than it can be sold for in our stores. Our donation attendants are trained to know what we can and cannot accept. We cannot accept the following items:
- No mattresses/box springs, including waterbed mattresses and waterbed frames
- No bed pillows or bedding of any kind
- No stained, torn or broken furniture
- No CRT and DLP TVs, or rear-projection flat screen HDTVs
- No carpet or carpet padding
- No household chemical products such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, oven cleaner, aerosols and other environmentally-unfriendly waste products, etc.
- No automotive hazardous waste such as tires, lead acid batteries, additives, gasoline, oils, antifreeze, etc.
- No personal care or clothing items
- No exercise equipment
- No weapons such as guns, bows and arrows, ammunition, hunting knives, etc.
- No computers CPUs
- No cribs
- No baby equipment such as cribs, car seats, walkers or other products that do not meet the current safety standards of the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, including recalled items.